TwoMorrows Publishing returns to Comic-Con for our 16th consecutive year, at booth #1301 (our usual spot, right up front beside the Golden & Silver Age Pavilion, just inside the doors for Hall B). Be sure to stop by and see the “super” surprise LEGO artist Nathan Sawaya is creating for our booth, and bring your kids to meet our life-size Minifig Storm Trooper, appearing daily!
This year, TwoMorrows will be debuting these magazines:
• Jack Kirby Collector #57 (on Legendary Kirby characters)
• Alter Ego #103 (featuring a career-spanning Steve Englehart interview)
• Back Issue #50 (a special full-color issue on Batman in the 1970s and ’80s)
• BrickJournal #15 (spotlighting LEGO Mecha building)
We’ll also have DVD and Blu-ray copies of the Harvey Award-nominated documentary Will Eisner: Portrait of a Sequential Artist by Jon and Andrew Cooke.
Other new books on hand include:
• Alter Ego: Centennial (the 100th edition of Roy Thomas’ magazine, released as a double-sized book)
• Carmine Infantino: Penciler, Publisher, Provocateur (by Jim Amash and Eric Nolen-Weathington)
• Modern Masters Volume 25: Jeff Smith (spotlighting the creator of BONE)
• Minifigure Customization: Populate Your World! (showing amazing ways to personalize LEGO figures)
• And our very own limited edition LEGO Tulip Kit, designed by BrickJournal editor Joe Meno!
Most everything at our booth will be on sale, including $10 Modern Masters books, plus almost every book and magazine at 40% off! Last year we sold out of many items quickly, so get there early, and be sure to pick up your FREE copy of of our newly updated Catalog.
Join editor Roy Thomas (one of this year’s Comic-Con special guests), publisher John Morrow, and associate editors P.C. Hamerlinck and Bill Schelly for the “50 Years of Alter Ego” panel on Friday, July 22 from 3:30-4:30pm in Room 24ABC.
On Friday night, July 22, Roy Thomas will be in attendance at the annual Eisner Awards ceremony, where Roy’s ALTER EGO magazine is nominated for Best Comics-Related Periodical/Journalism.
Roy Thomas will also be signing autographs and greeting fans at the TwoMorrows booth on Friday from 10:00-11:00am and Saturday from 1:00-2:00pm.
And the annual Jack Kirby Tribute Panel will take place on Sunday, July 24 at 10:00am in Room 5ABC. Walter Simonson, Erik Larsen, Mike Royer, and Richard Kyle are this year’s panelists, as moderator Mark Evanier quizzes each about how Kirby influenced them. TwoMorrows publisher John Morrow and Jack Kirby Museum curator Rand Hoppe will be in attendance, and hope to see you there as well.